Important Information for Members 30 June 2020
Due to a variety of circumstances the AGM has been re-scheduled. Please ignore previous notices. There has been some confusion as to the number of Board positions that will become vacant and this is clarified below. In addition, due to coronavirus restrictions, etc the audit has been delayed and the annual report can not yet be prepared. Also, in fairness to all members in the current circumstances, the period for nominations for Board positions has been extended and extra time allowed for voting if it is necessary.
The delay is covered in guidelines issued by the Government regarding COVID19 restrictions and the Club is adhering to those guidelines.
The Annual General Meeting will now be held on Tuesday 4 August at 7.00pm
The official Notice of Meeting is repeated below for information
The nomination period has been extended and is still open for the following Board positions
- Vice Commodore (2 year term)
- Rear Commodore (1 year term)
- 5 Board Members (four 2 two year terms and one 1 year term)
Nomination forms are available from the office during office hours or you can request an electronic copy by calling the office or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations will close at precisely 5.00pm on Friday 10 July.
Members will be notified shortly afterwards if an election is necessary.
Please note the following requirements:
- Candidates for Board positions must be senior members of the Club and financial at the time of nominating
- Proposers and seconders must also be senior financial members
- If you have family membership, there are two senior members of the family allowing each to nominate for positions, propose candidates and vote in elections.
- Membership status and financial standing will be checked by the Returning Officer on receipt of nominations
- While all members are encouraged to attend the AGM only senior financial members may vote on any resolutions at the AGM
BELLERIVE YACHT CLUB INC.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT the Annual General Meeting of the Bellerive Yacht Club Inc. will be held on Tuesday 4 August 2020 at 7.00 pm at the Clubrooms. (Note: this notice supersedes any previous notice) Nominations are currently open for Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore and 5 Board Members and will close at 5.00pm on Friday 10 July 2020. If required an election will be held from Monday 13 July until Monday 27 July and a separate notice of election will be issued to eligible members.
- Confirmation of Minutes of the 2019 Annual General Meeting.
- Receive the Annual Report and Statement of Accounts.
- Appoint an auditor for the year 2020/2021.
- Declare the results of election of Flag Officers and Board Members for the ensuing year.
- To transact any other business which may be properly brought forward.
By Order of the Board
30 June 2020